Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Starting to Get On

Words Not Spoken

Through good times and bad memories to last a lifetime
Life gives many a task one in which all will not pass
But our friendship has proven time and time again
That we will be there for each other...till the end.
Family exists in one's heart
Ones that no one can tear apart
You are one that can not be replaced
An individual...a shooting Star
One that will go very, very far
I never imagined us so far apart
But I guess i knew in my Heart
That our paths someday would part
You've helped me grow and learn
To think twice before I turn...and bridges burn.
Even though things sometimes were rough
You never turned away or said that's enough...and I thank you.

-Julie M. Conrad


As this week progresses and time marches on, it is kinda tough to realize and appreciate what you have until it is almost gone. Don't take Life for granted. It is way to short. I have come in contact with a lot of long lost friends over the past few months I thought fell off the planet, but were just around the corner. This poem my little sis wrote was so beautiful for my MOM and she adored it when it was written so many years ago. I know we still have some closure with this week to finish up...





3 comments:

  1. What a lovely tribute - I'm glad it was given to your mother in time to enjoy it. I hope I hear all the good things people want to say about me while I'm still here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poem. It says a lot about the kind of woman your mom was. Tell your sister she should start a blog. I'll read it. :)

    Btw, my thoughts will be with all of you tomorrow. God bless.

    PS - Remember, Otie, you can call me ANYTIME.

    ReplyDelete
  3. pheromone girl I am sure all in due time you will hear all the wonderful things in this Life before your time comes...Enjoy the NOW!!!!

    Scarlet--I know you will be there with us..my MOM knows that as well. Thanx for the comforting words over the last couple of days and Trust me I will call. I'm trying to get my Dad and both sisters into blogging we will see where it takes us?????

    ReplyDelete