Friday, July 3, 2009

Been Awhile







Getting back into it again and having a ball. The weather around here is changing almost daily in Upstate NY now that summer ...yeah right...is here ;)

You can't count on anything to do outside right now listening to the weather folks. Where else can you get paid a decent salary which won't change that much, where whether you are right or wrong you still get paid? I guess that's probably why I like the movie GroundHog Day so much.

Well yeah I'm back into making home made Beer all over from scratch again and having a blast. The day before our nations birthday. The recipe will be called All American Pail ****ailment made with some fresh hops homegrown from a buddies field up here in Pavillion, NY. It should come out rather Tasty.

I'll let you all know.

Have a good Fourth of July!

The other things I got going on are my Tomatoes are starting to come in finally. Yeah Baby in an upside down Topsy Tury I thought I'd give a try. It is starting to work.


4 comments:

  1. Cool tomatoe plantings - I can't wait to hear how they turn out.

    Love the brew-your-own idea. Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I HAVE TO go up next month! You can make the beer and I'll take those tomatos and make a fine pasta sauce.

    Now all you need to grow are some shrooms and we'll be all set. ;)

    PS - I love Groundhog Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pheromone girl - I heard about the idea of the upside down Tomatoe plants form a cousin down in PA who does it with 5 gallon buckets from his barn. I have another cousin out in ID who does cucumbers. I saw this in a Rite Aid store and figured Hell give a shot.

    Scarlet - Of course you known I have done shrooms in the past...It is so hard to keep the spores going though in the summer though. Right now it is so perfect for Ale's to go strong in the basement with the heat in the carboy's. I've been making homemade Beer and stouts now for over 25 years...just learning new tricks.

    The tomotatoes are Beefsteaks supposed to come out 6-8" on the one and yellow hybrids on the other 4-6". We will be making sauce if we can get enough of em to come out of the plant by August for some pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beer and tomatoes! Count me in, OTIS QUOTIS!!

    ReplyDelete